Monday, April 16, 2012

"Y"

I LOVED this project!
I have a friend who recently had a baby and for her shower she assigned everyone a letter of the alphabet, so that she could display the alphabet on the nursery wall. The idea that each letter would be different and representative on the person who made/brought it.
I got "Y". I thought of lots of different ways I could make a "Y", this is what I settled on.
I went through my paper scraps (I save almost all scraps) and cut tiny lengths of all the favorites. It was so fun to go through. I found paper that Liam's baby book was made from (actually, this is for my friends baby whom they named, Liam!), paper given to my by my father, SIL, husband, sister, paper I have had since I was ten, paper printed by my father on his press, and lots more. So fun to acknowledge the significance of each piece.

 I overlapped them over a "Y" shape that I had traced.
 Then put a white piece of paper over the top to make a crisp edge.
Then put it in a frame made by my brother. I hope that she loves it and that it goes good with the other letters of the alphabet in little Liam's nursery.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Looks awesome! I think would like the whole name done like this though.

Jennifer said...

Super cute idea! Love the alphabet, love paper, love your style, love you.

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

umm.....you are simply amazing. I love this. I love that you put your heart into it!