Friday, August 22, 2008

Peach syrup

My first attempt at peach syrup. It wasn't peachy enough.
Recipe for Peach Syrup
1.Take all the peels, pits, bruised parts, anything that will be discarded after prepping peaches for canning, pies, freezing.
2. Put in a large saucepan.
3.Cover with water.
4. Boil until the essence of peach has been transferred from the peaches to the water.
5. Drain liquid from chunks. Discard chunks.
6. Measure liquid. Add equal parts sugar to liquid. 1:1
7. Boil until sugar is dissolved.
It is pretty runny. You could find a way to thicken it up.
I had problems with #4. I didn't boil it long enough. I boiled mine for an hour maybe. If you want it really peachy I would try longer.

1 comment:

shawna said...

i love any directions that contain the phrase "discard chunks"...TASTY!

Yea for this blog melissa! I am so happy to see that the crochet loafers have made it into your queue.