Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hand made

I hope Melissa doesn't mind me posting, but I wanted to show what we made for Christmas as well. After all, Melissa did help me sew it together, and I am so grateful for her help. When it comes to sewing I am totally lost. (I'm just the concept person, I can't always execute these crazy ideas I come up with by myself.)


We made a cloth book for Ian's kids (--and since we went to all the trouble, for our own kids as well.) We bought these toys and took pictures of them in various places, doing various activities and wrote a story to go along with the pictures. The story is that the toys run away from the store to explore the outside and have adventures, but when it begins to get cold, they decide they need a home. So they get in special boxes and send themselves to two boys they know of who will take care of them and love them, and that way the toys can always be together.

This is the photo that goes on the last page, which personalized it a little for the boys. I think they enjoyed seeing themselves in a book.

We printed it on printable fabric, that works with any inkjet printer, and then sewed it all together. It's even machine washable! (You can find this stuff at Joanne's or even Walmart)

No comments: