Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Repurposed shirt to jacket

Using this tutorial I made this jacket for Liam today. When I saw this tutorial I thought it was so cute and since I had 4 bags of clothes in the garage waiting to be donated it was the perfect time.
On Saturday I rooted through the bags and found a few shirts that I could use. I got a zipper at Joann Fabrics last time I was there. I even used an old shirt instead of ribbing for the bottom and sleeves of the jacket.
It didn't take too long and was pretty easy. I ran into a little trouble with the hood and had to do some fixing. But it didn't turn out too bad. He likes it.

That is one cute boy.

5 comments:

hayley said...

I saw that tutorial and thought it was cute too!! Way to go and actually get it done:) My mom keeps telling me to experiment with old clothes!

shawna said...

I LOVE this! It turned out so good. Liam looks like one trendy little fella.

Amie said...

that is AMAZING!!! How do you have time to do these things?!!

Unknown said...

My sister and I looked at the tutorial and both agreed that your jacket turned out way cuter. You're amazing!

Laura S. said...

That last comment was me signed in as my sister Heather. Still love the jacket though.