Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Decor (total $7)

 I really, really, really wanted to decorate for Halloween this year. The problem was that my budget didn't allow for many purchases, and I have very few decorations from years previous.
I was pretty proud of my ingenuity on this project. Wreath: grapevine wreath ($1), black spray paint ($3), creepy crawlies (some found around the house, others $1), burlap ribbon (old rice bag $0, had paint $0)
 Mimi and Pa bought us pumpkins when they were here. Black paper bats (have had that heavy black paper forever! $0)
 Pipe cleaner spiders I made a couple years ago ($0)
 Black crow ($1) wish I would've gotten more of these. Spray painted pumpkin turned out fun!
 Man eating pumpkin! Shoe, sock, jeans (had them $0)!
Had spider webs from last year, pipe cleaner spiders, skeleton garland in window (part of the creepy crawlers $1 pack, strung on ribbon I had).
Not pictured, orange string lights (previous year $0)
Do like how many times I put $0 ? I liked it too. I was pretty happy with the decorations and how it turned out. The kids had a lot of fun putting it together with me. Many of the bats have fallen down and the cobwebs are no longer up thanks to the wind that blows through there.
I found most of these ideas on Pinterest. Which I pinned to my Halloween Board.

5 comments:

Laura S. said...

Very frugal, very creepy, very ingenious. The man eating pumpkin is awesome!

Ritters said...

Very cute!

Amie said...

I love this! So spooky!!!!!!!!!!

Todd said...

So cute! We want to come trick-or-treating at your house. Please tell me that when my baby gets older I will once again have the energy to do things like decorate my porch.

Amy Hackworth said...

Man eating pumpkin! That's so cute, in the gruesome way. Nice work. Our boys always wish I would decorate more for Halloween...

-Amy Hack