Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Twirly skirt with pockets

 Found this skirt from Matilda Jane clothing. Also, I pinned it on my Sewing Clothing board on Pinterest. It is so adorable. I love the pockets. I nearly couldn't contain myself. I HAD to make it immediately! Luckily I had some fabric!
 I started out taking tons of pictures, planning on doing a tutorial. Well, I was very sure several times during the process that I had ruined the skirt and it wouldn't be savable, so I scrapped the tutorial idea.
 But it worked out. I want to make another one soon. If it turns out easier than this one, I will post the tutorial. Maybe one in fall colors. I was trying to convice Zoe to let me make her one. I think a ten-year-old could pull it off in the right colors, and some chunky tights? Don't you think?

2 comments:

Amie said...

that is killing me with the cuteness- I love it! Can you make one for me?

Laura S. said...

So adorable! I recognize some of that fabric, I'm glad to see that it worked out for you. I agree some fall colors would be cute too.