Monday, November 5, 2012

striped knit cowl

Okay, so I am a little obsessed about cowls and scarves. I love keeping my neck warm! I decided I wanted a super soft knit one. Actually, my inspiration is a funny story, so I will share it. Last year my husband sent me to Hawaii for ten days because I was so miserable to live with he knew I needed a break. It was the most perfect, inpiring, life-changing, soul searching, rejuvinating trip ever! On the way home (it is February, by the way) I was freezing. I hadn't packed many warm clothes, but all the ones I had packed were on my body. I needed a scarf! During a layover I grabbed my pajama pants out of my suitcase and I tied them around my neck for a super comfy scarf!
So, inspired by how comfy my PJ pants were as a scarf, I went to go get some soft fabric to make one. I made 3 in a matter of 10 min (there is really nothing to it...one straight stitch). The other two I gave as gifts to ladies I HOPE enjoy them as much as I do. Also, when I bought the fabric the lady that sold it to me said that she had never seen uglier fabric in the 6 years she had been working there. I consider that a success!

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

I thought your scarf was cute with your orange sweater. That is funny that she said it was the ugliest fabric ever.