Monday, March 4, 2013

church Cruise Party Decorations

 Our church had a Valentine Dance. The girl who was in charge chose a Tropical Cruise theme. She and another girl who were in charge of decorating for the dance totally outdid themselves. I had to share pictures of their amazing decorations!
Above there are sand dollars in sand with Sharpies so you could write a Valentine message to give to your Valentine.
 I have never been on a cruise, but the idea here is that there are lots of booths set up with good "for sale".

 Because this was a dance for families, meaning every age, I was a little apprehensive about these items getting touched and handled. Everything worked out, though. Maybe because everyone was having so much fun dancing!




 We had a professional photographer taking pictures of all of the families.
 Here are a bunch of props that you could wear in your pictures.
 This was a little "spa" set up with little towel animals. Insane attention to detail!
 These ladies built all of this! I was just floored by all they did on a relatively small budget.
 Look at the banana dolphin coming out of the jello ocean!
I was in charge of the invitations, and this is what I came up with. I tried to make it look like a ticket.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my word! That is amazing! Especially love the dolphin. Your invitation is perfect too.

KATE (QUINN) SCHROEDER said...

Just like a cruise! Without the norovirus...!

Jennifer said...

Dang. I think I can honestly say that I've never put that much effort into a party (or calling) in my life. Wow. Love the idea of a family dance!