Monday, January 2, 2012

Handmade gifts 4: family and ornaments

 It has been awhile since I sewed a book. I was so excited about this project. I actually had the idea for it at the beginning of the summer. It is actually one reason our summer was so fun. I kept thinking about the book, so we did super fun things and took lots of pictures all summer, because I knew it would end up in the book.
After binding the book, I put pictures in. One event/outing/vacation per page, then labled it.
The kids weren't very excited about it, but at least I can get it out and prove to them what a fun summer we had if they ever doubt :)
Also, I put all of the Christmas stuff up in the attic today, WITHOUT GETTING PICTURES OF THEIR ORNAMENTS! I also didn't get pictures of the ornaments the kids made for us.
I make them an ornament each year and now it will have to wait until next year to document it. I made Zoe and orange Converse shoe. She loves orange and Converse shoes. I made Liam a dove to signify his baptism this year. I made Lydia an apple to signify her starting Kindergarten. Felix got the alphabet embroidered on some felt because he is OBSESSED with the alphabet. He carried it around for days naming all the letters on it.

No comments: