Monday, January 16, 2012

Lydia's fairy birthday party

 This is the little fairy we made to play "pin the fairy on the wings" game. Lydia thought it was creepy with her face on it, so I took it off. I thought it was funny.
 I LOVE these tissue paper flowers. They are super easy, cheap, and are like an instant party. Especially when you are decorating for a fairy party.
 Every square inch of the place was covered with tissue flowers, streamers, butterflies, and flowers.
 I got these foam flowers and some similar foam butterflies at the dollar store in packs of 24 each for $1! I stung them and hung them like garlands, I had some flying from the ceiling, and some placed on the table. (The poster board is the wings for "pin the fairy on the wings")
 I made these cupcake toppers with some fairy stickers and skewers. The flower cupcake papers are Wilton, I got them at Wal mart. Aren't they cute?
 Pink and purple overload? Pretzel rods (fairy wands) dipped in candy melts and decorated with sprinkles, etc. Little wood "fairy houses" painted and decorated with sequins.
Party girls consuming as much sugar as possible. We did mini (fairy) foods. Ritz bits, mini oreos, and fruit snacks. Also, they are eating their wands and cupcakes.
We finished up with a Find the Fairy treasure hunt. Each clue was a fairy. On the back was a poem riddle telling where to find the next clue/fairy. At the end they found the treasure, which was the goody bags. We always have them find the pinata at the end of the treasure hunt, but this year I was barely recovered from Christmas to throw a party let alone bring myself to make a pinata. But Lydia was really happy with the gift bags. We got some really fun fairy themed items to go inside. I am not going to make a big deal about it but I didn't get a picture of the goody bags (sob sob). I was really pleased with the way they turned out.

No comments: