Monday, January 2, 2012

Homemade gifts 3: Zoe

 This was my favorite project this year. I was so excited about it. Zoe saw a skirt she liked on a movie and pointed it out to me. Once I saw it I really wanted to figure out how to make it. It looked nothing like this, but Zoe told me just what she wanted, picked out the fabric, and I did the best I could. Thank goodness she was really pleased, because I felt like it turned out well. I never would have put these colors together but they look so cute. Also, she got some clothes from Travis's mom that go perfectly with it!
 Liam made this chicken stuffed animal for Zoe. Okay, "made" is used a little loosely. I had him draw it out. I did most of the sewing. He did the button eyes and wings. It was, perhaps, a bit ambitious for him, but I figure it was time well spent. We were in "Santa's workshop" (what the kids call my craft room) working together for Zoe.
Lydia made this button bracelet for Zoe. I did help quite a bit, but was super impressed with what she she was able to do.

No comments: