Monday, April 27, 2009

2 LCB ITEMS--ANDREA

Here is my first item. I really wanted and intended to make a burlap bag for Jen, but couldn't find burlap, so bought some linen-ish fabric, which was a huge pain to work with. I discovered that Melissa and I were duplicating, so almost started over with something entirely different (what, I don't know), but as Melissa and Mom say, "you can never have too many bags." I guess that's true. So here is the one I made for Jen. I decided to make it more like a tote (short handles), since it ended up kind of big. Also I reinforced the front, back and bottom with heavy interfacing, with the hopes that it would stand up on its own, but no such luck.



Here is Laura's bag. I wanted to try a different block and bag pattern with hers, but ended up using the same colors, since I feel like browns, greens and blues are pretty universally liked in our family (correct me if I'm wrong here). With hers I put a pocket on the inside, instead of the outside like Jen's.

Both bags have this tan lining (the fabric that I bought to use initially), which ended up being a good lining fabric.

I'm still working on Elisabeth's, slacker that I am. Good thing she's so patient!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love my bag! Laura's look beautiful as well -- can't wait to see what you do for Elisabeth.

Melissa said...

Yup, totally gorgeous!