Monday, April 13, 2009

LCB bags

I love bags. I can't get enough. Everytime I go to the store, library, church, park, overnight, or anything I need a bag. So why not carry a cute one? Even better a reversable one, so that you have two bags in one? My original idea was to embroider "grocery" or "library" on the bag but I thought it might limit your limitless possibilities!

This is the first bag I made, patterned after an IKEA bag I love. It ended up with Elisabeth.

This side seems a little plain after that "Apple Octagon" on the other side :)

I love this fabric and think I might need to go back for more. This bag is smaller than the others but I was working with limited burlap.


This burlap is from a Basmati rice bag that I had. Jen had showed me these "burlap buckets" awhile ago and I wanted to try it out. The WIP is for work in progress, to keep any unfinished project in. Another great use for bags. You can kind of see the print showing through, but that is okay.


This is Shawna's bag. I hope it turned out okay. shawna said she loved this fabric and I hope I did it justice. I had thought of her when I bought it. I did the straps a little different with little ties at the top.

Andrea's pictured next. I hope she loves polka dots as much as I do.




I had so much fun making these. I have a lot more fabric with great plans for them. They actually don't take long to make (if your needles don't break, or you don't have to clean up potty training messes, or make dinner, or whatever else takes you away) You could make one in the precious hours during a nap, or after the kids go down. That is, if you have any energy left, and have a deadline :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Melissa, these are all awesome. Awesome! I love my little burlap WIP bag. Thank you thank you thank you! I can't wait to talk to you about this project.

shawna said...

I love my green bag! The fabric is totally awesome and my cellular telephone fits snugly in the pocket. Perfect!

Andrea said...

Yes, I love polka dots! Thanks Melissa for another bag that I'm sure I will use often. Now I can go to the library in style!