Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Melted crayon art




I had seen this project awhile ago and loved the look of it. While going through the art drawer, I looked at all the old broken crayons and remembered this project. Since it has been dreadfully hot lately I knew it would work well.
I hot glued the crayons to the top of a piece of paper, but they kept falling off, so I used good ole Elmers to reapply them. I used very heavy white paper and put a sheet of very heavy black paper underneath. If you try this project make sure to cover all your surfaces! It can be messy!
The kids were really excited about the process and we all kept rushing outside to see how it had changed. I love the way the colors mixed and moved. I think it would be fun framed, or just propped up somewhere. I do think I will cut off the crayon wrappers at the top, though.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's so cool!

Jennifer said...

We also just replenished our crayon stash, so guess what we'll be doing with all our old crayons? Thanks!