Monday, September 19, 2011

Lego Party- Cake and Decorations

 Cake and Decorations are my least favorite aspect of party planning. I love baking. I love decorating. For some reason they always stress me out the most. I think it is because I have unrealistic expectations that I am unable to make happen.
I found a couple of super cute ideas for Lego themed cakes here and here but knew there was no way I could pull them off. So, it doesn't matter what I had planned, this is what happened. I was trying to get my cake out of the pan to cool. It slipped out and landed on the counter in pieces. I got it put back in as best I could. But this is what I had to work with:
 I decided to cut squares out of the usable parts and turn them into "cupcakes".
 Then I surrounded them with chocolate Lego bricks. Piped some colorful frosing on them.
 Put some chocolate minifigures on top and some candles and Happy Birthday skewers.
At least they tasted good and the boys were thrilled. They played with the minifigures and built with the chocolate bricks. So I am happy with it, even if it wasn't the original plan.

I won't even include a picture of decorations. Streamers and balloons. You could tell it was a party.

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Good work making the most of a mishap. If you hadn't told us, we would have never known that this wasn't the original plan, I think it worked out just great!