Monday, September 19, 2011

Lego Party-Games

When the kids got here they just jumped on the trampoline for the first twenty minutes which was fine with me. Boys sometimes scare me with the amount of energy they have.
The first game we had planned was one that I ALWAYS played at my birthday parties growing up. Each person gets a name pinned onto their back that they don't know what it is. Then you ask questions to find out who "you" are. I did Lego characters. They had fun doing it.
We did a Guess How Many Legos game where they have to guess how many Legos (did you figure that part out?) in a jar.
Next, we did a Design your Own Minifigure game. I had drawn a blank Lego Minifigure with Sharpie and made copies. I didn't know if they would enjoy this as much as Liam and I did, but they were really excited about it and so creative! They stuck with it longer than I thought they would. Some of the boys were so careful about their designs. They all turned out really great and funny.




I borrowed the Lego game Creationary from a friend and we played a bit of that. Then after gifts and cake (another post) the boys started the Lego movie, Clutch Powers. I thought that since the party was 3 hours long that they wouldn't mind some down time.
After watching some of the movie we went on a treasure hunt. Another tradition from my growing up party days. I did pictoral clues. Every boy got a chance to find a clue. I did take some videos but it is just of a bunch of boys running from place to place. Nothing is quite as fun watching the excitement they feel trying to find a treasure, which in this case, was the pinata (hidden in the dryer).

No comments: