Monday, September 19, 2011

Lego Party- lego mold! Soap, chocolates, and gummies!

While searching for Lego party ideas I came across this tutorial for making your own Lego brick mold. I was instantly hooked. It took some talking down to decided that I didn't need to make it, I could just buy a mold. So I found these that I liked on Etsy. I got a lot of use out of them and will be happy to share the love with others.
 Lego minifigure gummies! These were so fun to make and super fun to peel out of the silicone mold. Also, they tasted great and were really chewy. I ended up using this tutorial that worked great!

 The soap was also fun and easy to make. I just melted glycerin in the microwave, colored it, scented it, and poured it into the molds. Much like these soaps I made last Christmas. Super easy.
 I love the look of glycerin, even if it doesn't lather terribly well.
Finally I bought some Wiltons candy melts and made a bunch of chocolate Legos. I also made minifigures, but didn't take a picture.

I packaged up all of these little goodies into cellophane baggies and sent them home in the goody bags.
Oh no! I also made ice but forgot to get it out at the party!

2 comments:

Laura said...

My boys would have LOVED this party! What great over-the-top ideas you have. Happy Bday Liam!

Unknown said...

May I ask a question, how many candies did you need roughly for each block? Or rather, how many bags did you need? Thank you, Kx